A Two Day Stakeholder Workshop To Review a Draft Manual on Gender Sensitive Approach to Treatment of Women Prisoners in Nigeria
Many issues were attended to Such as
1) the state of women’s human rights & prison system reforms in Nigeria
2) pregnant women, mothers, dependant children and other special categories
3) Basic ideas and concepts of human rights, women’s human rights & gender
4) hygiene, healthcare & special health issue..
5) working with women prison staff..
6) women prisoners rehabilitation activities & programs.. etc
We also, referred to some international laws to support the Women Prisoners rights e.g. Bangkok Rules (2010),
Tokyo Rules (1955), Nigeria Prisons Act (1972), Nigeria Standing Orders (2011)….etc
The final document will help in addressing issues on gender mainstreaming in Nigeria Prisons on Human rights….
The stakeholder workshop ended 13th June 2018.