Work Program for African Union (AU) ECOSOCC Joint Planning Meeting of Six ECOSOCC Sectorial Clusters at Sheraton Hotel Cairo, Egypt between 16th to 18th April 2018.
WORK PROGRAM FOR ECOSOCC JOINT PLANNING MEETING OF SIX ECOSOCC SECTORIAL CLUSTERS
At Sheraton Hotel Cairo, Egypt between 16th to 18th April, 2018
The Joint Planning Meeting of the following six (6) ECOSOCC Sectorial Clusters (Social Affairs, Trade and Industry, Rural Economy and agriculture, Peace and Security, Infrastructure & Energy and Women and Gender) took place from 16-18 April 2018 in Cairo, Egypt.
The objective of the meeting was:-
• To conduct statutory cluster meeting for developing planned activities for the year 2018
• To organize a platform for expert review and finalization of the Cluster 2018 Working plan/strategy and its Implementation Plan as well as facilitate the exploration of funding possibilities/sources and possible strategic partnerships and alliances for the execution of the proposed activities of the Implementation Plan
• To discuss key challenges faced in relation to corruption and build strong partnerships to facilitate dialogue and synergy in the fight against corruption and related offences and
• To raise awareness with local civil society organization for the establishment of ECOSOCC national chapter (19 April 2018)
However, the six (6) Thematic Working Group below made Presentations in Plenary & Discussion:
- Infrastructure and Energy
- Peace and Security
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Rural Economic & Agriculture (DREA)
- Social Affairs
- Women and Gender
Furthermore, mapping the way forward based on the African Union Commission (AUC) Departmental Annual Plans, ECOSOCC Strategic Plan & Previous clusters Annual Plans.(Thematic Working Group)
In addition, Adoption of Report/Close of Meeting took place to officially close the meeting on 18th April, 2018.